About Me

British ex-pat trying her hand at blogging while enjoying the Middle-Eastern sun

Friday 24 May 2013

- The Engagement Ring

''Diamonds are a girl's best friend''

It's five months since we got engaged and I still don't know what engagement ring I would like - my problem is simply this: there are too many choices!  

One thing I do know is I would like as many sparkles as possible!  With the use of Pinterest, I have put together some ideas below:

Having worked close to Lucy Campbell's diamond shop in Mayfair,  I like the look of her designs below: 




Knowing that these will be in the top end price range, I took a look online and these ones seemed to catch my eyes too: 


As you can see, I rather like sparkles!!  When I was asked what diamond size i'd like, naturally I said the biggest we can afford!  But surprisingly big doesn't always look that nice .... or genuine:

Here is a good illustration of carat sizes below, showing from 1-3 carats...


Sure, the last one will look blindingly beautiful in the light, but it's rather garish don't you think?  And having seen one's this big, weighing down their owners arm, walking around Mayfair, they didn't always look real either, more like costume jewellery.

I will keep adding to my board on Pinterest, take a look: 


As this ring will be with me until I step into Heaven (& purchase another one), or possibly handed down to my children, I want to make sure I get the right ring, and I think it's going to take some time to decide. 

So, for now it's back to the wedding planning.......


Love,

International Bride

xoxo


Let me know your thoughts in the comment box below:  What do you want? Do you have a favorite designer/metal/shape?  And if you already have one, what did you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment